View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
I know about the bias charge against Schitt audio. Couple different forums filled with angry Schitt owner trashing the guy. I'm not an engineer so I don't have any idea. I haven't seen any evidence Amir at Audio Science is a fraud or doesn't know what he's talking about. It is what it is.
I think its safe to say that because the experience of listening to music is perceptual, not an absolute (nor usually "measurable"),as a result, it will be highly subjective, and always will be. Some folks love gear that will literally drive me out of the room, other folks' sensibilities are more aligned with mine. How does one account for one person liking the sound of a Stradivarius more than a Guanerius, or the playing of Glenn Gould vs. Vladimir Ashkenazy? You can't, but you know what you like when you hear it...

I'm very much aligned with John Darko's sensibiities about all this. At the end of the day, it only matters what YOU like, in your room with your specific musical content, preferences, and sensbilities.

Personally, with companies now offering in-home evaluations and the ability to return products that just may not "work" for our respective tastes or sensibilities, I've taken to doing in-home evaluations to find out where I want to end up.

We live in a time where we have an "embarassment of riches"; its "all good", just good in different ways for different folks...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.