View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWH View Post
Looking for opinions a new Yggy or the new Primaluna Evo 100. Beyond the obvious R-2R vs DS chip difference, has anyone had a chance to hear both or do a side by side. Considering selling my McIntosh D100 dac and looking for options. I’ve loved my Mac but it’s time for a change. My domestic budget manager isn’t convinced you can improve much on the D100 ... she loves all things Mac
I would love to hear about the same comparison. I’ve perused the PrimaLuna tube DAC webpage. The only negative I can see is that the clock tube is soldered onto the PCB itself. Given the lifespan of even 5-7 years or less depending on the actual usage, what happens when the Russian sourced clock tube needs replacement? Send the whole unit back to PrimaLuna? I can easily take it apart and solder in a new tube but not everyone can or will want to do that. That remains an issue in my mind but I have nor reached out to PrimaLuna to ask that question.

I can speak to the YggY dac myself as can others, it is a very organic and natural sounding DAC but I have not heard the PL tube DAC.