View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmig View Post
Got one :-) . I've had it for four days now - Wow!!! My recent acquisition of very revealing Revel F228Be's has sent me on the upgrade path. As good as my Musical Concepts modified Hafler is, the Aegir eclipses it in every way (even though it's only 1/6th the wattage rating). I also compared it to the new Parasound A23+ (excellent amp) and I felt that the Aegir was superior especially in the micro dynamics category. The A23+ was surprisingly good and I like it a lot, but it "feels" like there is more music trying to get out of that amp. But, with the Aegir there is an "ease" and richness (while still VERY open) about this amp that is simply a joy to listen to. As Aegir probably isn't fully burned in yet, I'll add more later - cheers!
Congratulations, Soundmig, on you purchase. I was happy to read your glowing comments about the Aegir. I own a Schiit Valhalla headphone amp and Gungnir dac, and am considering buying a Schiit amplifier to use with speakers. Based on your enthusiastic review, I am one step closer to adding an Aegir to my small collection of Schiit. Thanks again and happy listening.

ron