View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I guess a Bryston pre/pro would be nice for my Bryston powered theater but I doubt this one can spank my Krell S1200!

Only Krell designed preamplifier circuitry is employed within every channel utilizing discrete current based Class A, direct coupled circuitry for the greatest signal purity and highest bandwidth. Performance robbing op amps or integrated circuits are not used anywhere in the audio path. Preamp mode bypasses all digital circuitry and routes analog stereo inputs directly to a balanced resistor ladder volume control for ultimate music reproduction.

The heart of a Krell surround sound preamp/processors is sound quality. We start with a great sounding preamplifier and then pair that to the latest in surround processing technology. The S-1200 3D includes our finest audio and video engineering plus the latest in connectivity technology, to insure the ultimate home theater experience for our customers. Borrowing key technologies, the audio signal path is a direct descendant of our Evolution 707 3D Reference Surround preamp/processor. The S-1200 3D also uses the same DSP engine and 1080p video stage from the Evolution 707 3D. Also available without 3D compatibility, the S-1200 and S-1200u presents a purity of sound and video resolution previously unavailable in home theater systems.

At the hub of the S-1200 3D digital signal processing is a pair of dual core 32 bit Cirrus CS497004 DSP's performing 1.8 giga operations per second. Digital signals are then routed to 24 bit ESS Sabre DACS.

The video content is treated to the same high performance engineering as the audio signals. Video circuitry takes full advantage of the new Deep Color specifications. Maximum color depth has been increased from 24 bits to 48 bits and bandwidth from 165MHz to 340 MHz. Full video transcoding converts composite, S-Video, or component inputs to HDMI signals. Furthermore, the S-1200u 3D model includes upconversion to a maximum of 1080p resolution. The S-1200 3D is a true "one connection solution " with on-screen display, configuration menus, and status messages available from all active video outputs including HDMI.
Did you just write that?