View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 12:09 AM

Default Bryston bdp-3 Sweet Streamer!

I must first say thank you Bryston for actually designing a product that
actually acknowledges the use of the Squeeze Server application. Damn...
It does sound good, very detailed and open in it's presentation. A little
bright for my taste maybe with more break-in time it will tone down. Otherwise it was the easiest install ever! Open box.... connect, power up.... select as a Squeezelite player...... POOF music!! I didn't have to change my infra structure!

Thanks

Here is my story on how I got here.....

It has been a frustrating 8 months trying to integrate my music library
as-is! In 2008 I made the decision to master my LP collection into 96Khz
aiff files uncompressed. My DIY streamer finally died after 10+yrs of
faithful service. I thought by now the audio industry would have made something better and wasn't USB solution only.

I tried Lumin....... It failed because it doesn't recognize uncompressed over 44.1 plus it didn't sound all that good!! DUMB. Then tried a Naim X2 ND5 that unit worked fine for TWO MONTHS. The play back was very detailed and warm in its presentation. Until a forced FIRMWARE update changed on how upnp functions with Squeeeze Server. Naim tech support was useless. I ask if I could just roll back their firmware to the prior release? NO! was their response...... But they countered with...... You can switch to Roon? What!? Why would I pay a monthly fee for the same features I've been using for years for FREE!? Okay..... You can buy our 3TB server. WHAT!? Why must I change from my server to your server product? Your Company reduced the unit functionality not me!!! Anyway it is unable to house my 5.7TB collection! Call ended with a promise to look into my concern. Yeah I can take the HINT!

Ken,
Sonus Faber Cremona, (2) JL Audio F110 subs, Squeeze Server v7.9 Windows 2012 Server 25TB, Audio Metallurgy GA-0 XLR & RCA, Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable, PS Audio Power Plant Premier (2), WireWorld Silver Power Cables, Tascam DA3000