View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
Are you still happy long term? I wish mine was that quiet. I does sound flawless when the music is playing.

What do you think about the sound quality compared to the 26?
So far so good with the BP-17 cubed. Since the BP-26 and 17-cubed were never in the system at the same time, hard to compare. From a functionality viewpoint, I did like the toggle switches and rotary selector on the BP-26 compared to the bank of push buttons on the 17-3. I do like the volume control performance on the 17-cubed (very fine control at lower volume settings).

Only issue, also reported by other members of AA, is occasional 'rogue' LED lightings (i.e a light on when it should be not be lit or a the wrong color (red vs blue for example) , which have no effect on performance and create no noise or pops - I have have two such occurrences, they always clear and then disappear for a long time. I have contacted Bryston regarding this, no information to report as yet. I suspect the logic circuit controlling the LED status might have a static sensitivity issue causing a false state to be triggered from time to time. My guess.

So, hard to say. The BP-26 comes with a dedicated power supply that can drive several other Bryston components such as sub filters, etc. If you were considering those, the BP-26 has a clear advantage. But older design and aesthetic, personal preference there.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.