View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Case in point, up until this year/late last, Furutech FI-50 NCF 1st generation male US plugs had a design defect where the ground pin was too soft and its connection behind the soft NCF assembly face was not robust. They are prone to breaking. The CopperConns on my TV3 exacerbated this with their firm grip; I've had to replace 2 FI-50 NCF connectors due to broken ground pins, 2 more remaining. Luckily Furutech has revisited their design and the ground pin is now cast thicker and the connection part in the housing is more robust together with a firmer, denser NCF assembly face on the plug.
Furutech actually corrected this years ago. There could be old stock floating around out there (and fakes) but Furutech made the change years ago - at least 4 years ago from my experience.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables