View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioarcher View Post
Thanks for the welcome.

The Oyaide R1 are the best I've tried so far for my system and tastes. They may be too bright for some systems. I found the Furutech GTX R NCF and a GTX G to be too dark sounding. Immediately disliked them which I found strange since lots of other people seemed to like them.

Also tried the Maestro outlets and found them to sound and look like a normal cheap outlet. Total rip off IMO.

Had the original PS audio outlet as well. Better than cheap home depot outlet but tended toward brightness. Think they where nickle plated like their older power cords.

I will have to try the Copper Conn if I find a dealer that sells them.
That's not strange at all. I bought 5 full sets of the 105 NCFs, box, duplex, cover plate, put them in a couple years ago in place of Avatar Acoustics Afterburner8s that I'd had for about 8.5 years at that point. The AB8s are no longer made but like the CopperConns, they are all pure copper, brass and stainless steel parts, no rare earth platings. They simply work and cause the system to sound better, more natural and musical. The 105s came out in under a month, that's all I'll say; not to my tastes sonically.

My current system has CopperConns in the Triton v3 I believe and I love the sound they promote. The AB8s have remained in the wall but will finlly give way to CopperConns soon.

I do use 2 Furutech 103 GTX-D(G), gold plate instead of Rhodium. Those older design outlets are also great sonically IMHO.

One thing about the CopperConns,...they are relentless in their grip on a cord. That poses a problem for certain male power connectors. Case in point, up until this year/late last, Furutech FI-50 NCF 1st generation male US plugs had a design defect where the ground pin was too soft and its connection behind the soft NCF assembly face was not robust. They are prone to breaking. The CopperConns on my TV3 exacerbated this with their firm grip; I've had to replace 2 FI-50 NCF connectors due to broken ground pins, 2 more remaining. Luckily Furutech has revisited their design and the ground pin is now cast thicker and the connection part in the housing is more robust together with a firmer, denser NCF assembly face on the plug.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 09-25-2021 at 07:15 AM.