View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 07:28 AM

Default Nearfield Sub Placement .... Comments?

Has anyone here tried nearfield sub placement or have an opinion about it?

I'm getting ready to move some equipment around due to a recent purchase and was wondering if I should move the subs. They are currently near and out front of the main speakers (see pic). Not the best spot for WAF. I have two f110V2 JL Audio subs dual connected to my mem220 and 7012 AV receiver but I'm more interested in 2 channel listening. Recently I've come across suggestions about placing the subs closer to the listening position, say right behind the seat. Because bass is less directional than the tweeter it's harder to determine where the sound is emanating from but would provide better energy transfer. Not to mention the WAF would go way up.

I would have to run 50 ft long XLR for 2 channel and RCA for AV. I realize the 50 ft RCA may not be the best. Also, timing, gain and other variables would have to be re-calibrated.

Any comments?

PS I did search through the other threads but didn't have any success finding anything. If you know of any other threads I would appreciate pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0978.jpg (94.2 KB, 68 views)

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500