View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I think I read somewhere last year that he is now no longer the importer..it's a shame as he is a great bramd advocate for Gryphon and Luxman.
Wow! That would suck. He was so polite and approachable when I met him back then.

Still, what a speaker system.

Edit: Just verified there is a new distributor. On A Higher Note is not even listed as a dealer anymore. They must have had a falling out.

Edit 2: This from OAHN website:

"In 2017 on the assurance by Flemming Rasmussen, the founder of Gryphon, that they had no interest in direct distribution, we relaunched Gryphon Audio from Denmark to N. American after their 18 year hiatus from our marketplace. We knew it was going to be hard work but we felt up to the task. With the support and collaboration from our dealer base, we pulled off one of the most phenomenal success stories of a brand relaunch in high end audio. With careful selections, we put 6 display dealers on during the first year, 12 display dealers by the end of the 2nd year and had 14 display dealers throughout N. America by the third year. Unfortunately, Gryphon’s new management had other plans and decided to take Gryphon distribution in-house and our distribution relationship ceased April 2021."

That really sucks.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 03-20-2022 at 12:06 PM.