View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
To update: The problem with managing playlists has gotten worse. What would completely resolve my issue would be if Aurender would formally support importing playlists. In an e-mail Ari at Aurender told me, " I just don't think it is feasible at scale" to provide such a function.

That's very odd, because every bit of audio software I've ever used supported importing and exporting playlists. That's why I have so many large playlists. iTunes, WinAmp, JRiver Media Center have all figured this out. That Aurender hasn't and yet also resists even trying suggests - as I hinted above - that they really just don't care.

Fair enough. I'll move on, but I did want to update this thread first.
I Demo'd an Auralic - Aries G1 - Wireless Streaming Transporter over the weekend. Beautifully made, looks great, liked the LCD Screen, loved the sound- BUT it refused to find my music Library via Wireless- gave up after 3 hours- hooked in a hard drive- it couldn't find my playlists (I have over 200 playlists on iTunes) terrible search & load to playlists function- and if you are making a playlist, the software glitches & the sound drops in & out.

I gave up & went back to my Logitech Transporter using LMS - which does support playlists. My critical listening is 90% via my Turntable system, but I do critical listen via streaming music that I don't have on LP.

Playlists are great for listening too when you are doing housecleaning, BBQing or Gardening.

I will not buy any Streamer that doesn't support Playlists!

I was considering purchasing the Aurender N10- not now.