View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Ooh I forgot about your ceiling clearance issues. So that's not really a standard install, normally would have nuts and floor washers.

But, how does it sound?
Marc, it is far different than a standard install. The spikes are blunt and much shorter. The sliders do not improve the spiking. In fact they are detrimental. The nuts also add nothing to the spiking other than insuring adequate tread for easy removal.

As for how the XVX sounds, the transient response has been significantly improved, especially in the bass. I'll have more to report when I have listened longer. Remember, I have gone from sub optimal spiking to the very best, so already I can hear a significantly cleaner sound. Also, I'm thrilled with the look. The Acoustic Diodes are quite beautiful. The speakers weren't moved at all. They jacked up the front, then the rear of each speaker being careful to protect the rear firing tweeter. Turns out the jacking up did not appreciably raise the height of the XVX, so my fears of having to re-measure did not materialize. I thought the speaker might have to be moved our of position in order to spike because of the low ceiling. This would have caused tremendous complication. Honestly, it's like the speakers were made for my room. Wilson, custom made my Acoustic Diodes. That's the kind of company they are. Remember, they gave me a brand new Watch Controller when my first one malfunctioned, which then resulted in my purchase of a new Thor. My additional Pedestals just arrived for my MVP 851 and I have replaced the 9 lb. Pedestals previously under my 881 with the new 25 lb. rated Pedestals. I got the weight incorrect. The 881 weighs 29.5 lbs. which is over the 9 lb. weight limit for 9 lb. Pedestals. The 851 weighs 20 lbs. so is within the 9 lb. weight rating for 9 lb. Pedestals.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2021 at 03:58 PM.