Thread: Amati Tradition
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Prentice View Post
The Amati are a major step up in sound quality… major.
Thanks, that's the common consensus everywhere. Nice to hear from an owner directly. I also agree with your comments on movies vs music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
Welcome! If you subscribe (highly recommended) please post photos.
Thanks, I will subscribe. I think there's a restriction of 10 posts before I can subscribe, the payment link doesn't work for me. If I am missing something, please advise me.

Quote:
The MC 8207 allows you to not worry about amplification any more (Mac & SF are very nice together indeed), and you can upgrade other items over time.
So, currently, I am going to order just 2 off Olympica III. I have an old Jamo D590 and some recent Lyngdorf pairs - FR1 & CS1 that I purchased for my office setup along with TDAI-1120. That small amplifier is super nice but sadly, it went kaput in less than a week and is awaiting parts to arrive from Denmark. But, that's for another thread.

My plan is to run Olympica with SDA 2400 and other speakers using MC8207. I will also check how this setup runs completely with MC8207, using MC for front L&R too. Inputs will be via Lyngdorf MP 40. If it works for me, I will add 1 or 2 sub, else will consider Amati's.