Thread: Amati Tradition
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 02:06 PM
George

I have been fortunate enough to be able to keep my HT and stereo separate. I have owned both Olympica 3 and now own Amati Traditional. The Amati are a major step up in sound quality… major.

My experience / values are that sound quality is not as important in video. Nice to have, but not as important as the video distracts your mind from hearing nuances in the sound quality. So I would always emphasize gains on the stereo side. The Amati’s are real high end speakers and matched with high end electronics are truly breathtaking. I think your room is ok for either.

On the other hand, 5 channel Olympica will really do amazing things… and are a really good fit for your room if good placing is an option.

From the speaker point of view, I think there is no bad decision in front of you. It’s a question of your values.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.