Thread: Upgraditis
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 03:33 PM

Agreed, things can get complicated pretty quickly when you enter the world of LOMC and SUTs. The OP already has what appears to be a very nice TT, let's be honest I'm not sure how much of a huge step up he'd get from a VPI Prime (I own 2 VPI TTs so this is not a slight on VPI by any means). I moved up from a 2M Black to a Soundsmith Paua and was blown away, depending on budget I would likely go the MC route and then maybe down the line decide if a different turntable makes sense, or going direct drive over belt.

They're not cheap and don't claim to be, but Bob's Devices makes some great SUTs and he's super helpful if you don't know what you need. There's a user on EBay named nclayton who also makes highly regarded SUTs that are a bit more affordable.

That's part of the fun w/analog, there are so many moving parts (literally and figuratively) that you can make tweaks as you see fit. IMO jumping from the 2M Bronze into the MC world will be your biggest improvement, but I know a lot of you guys have more experience than I do in that world.