View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Marc, Tony or anyone else......we're getting down to crunch time here with RMAF, have any of you heard if there are any hangups or issues with the show??? I know trade shows are still hit or miss.......I was taking a look at AXPONA's site and they have a MUCH larger list of exhibitors, many we haven't seen recently at RMAF. Denver is by far the nicer venue but was wondering if it may be worth taking a look at AXPONA instead????? I'd much rather be at the Gaylord Center, but if the exhibitor list is that much better, maybe it would be worth it? What do you all think??

https://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp

Even Scaena Loudspeakers have a room at AXPONA.......haven't seen a pair of those sine AXPONA in Atlanta years ago......man they were impressive.

- Buck
Yeah, I almost posted here yesterday about RMAF, but my topic was whether anyone else, in light of this Delta variant, is starting wonder if this show is going to come off at all. But I assume that could just as easily affect AXPONA.

As to AXPONA vs RMAF, I attended AXPONA in 2018 and, yes, it was a massive show with many more exhibitors than RMAF 2018, which I also attended.

But I'm not real keen on being in Chicago in late October. When I attended AXPONA in mid April, I ran into a near blizzard on the interstate just south of Chicago. But, one thing in favor of AXPONA is Lou Malnati's!

20180415_172648 by MDTshots, on Flickr
20180415_170525 by MDTshots, on Flickr

I guess if the RMAF exhibitor list remains skimpy, compared to that of AXPONA, I might reconsider. I do feel like a lot of exhibitors remain pissed at RMAF for how much they raised their exhibitor fees after the move to the Gaylord. Now, at AXPONA, it's almost impossible to get a room in the Rennaisance Hotel, so you have to stay at a nearby hotel and drive over there or ride a shuttle.

At AXPONA, they had a free concert by this great local blues band. I'm not sure if they are doing anything similar this year, due to covid.

DSC_0666 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Weird -- the older and more decrepit my ears get, the greater my desire to buy newer and better "audiophile" gear!