View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 AM

I know this thread has been quiet for a while, but I just love seeing the dedication to restoring one of my favorite speakers! My beloved older brother passed away on this date (March 28th) five years ago and it was his JBL Century 100's and Kenwood separates that started my journey into "hifi" over 35 years ago. Thank you so much for posting this. If I had only had the foresight to get these speakers from the estate before they disappeared as I knew he kept them in great shape. Sadly, but appropriately my thoughts were elsewhere at the time.

I think it's time to start hunting through Craig's list for my own set of L100's. For the record, I always wanted to be like big brother so I did purchase a pair of the Decade 36 series. Those fit my college budget a little easier than the 100's.

Thanks for the memories!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds