View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Guys, when I speak about a 'smaller stage', I'm talking in absolute terms here. I've owned one of the best in that regard in the Empirical Audio DAC. I like that better than the top EMM DAC as well as MBL's former top DAC. Their new stack was really nice, but I didn't know the system good enough to make an absolute impression there.

QX5 is a GREAT Digital Hub. It's not a DAC and shouldn't be looked at as only a DAC. It's a ground breaking piece of gear and the only reason I'll be selling mine is because I'm having a DAC specifically made for me by someone who's one of the best designers in audio over the last 30 years (he makes the Melo's gear, but his recent stuff doesn't have the quality issues that Melos had as he has Sam Laufer running the business). My DAC is being built vs the 100k DAC's and better be much better than the TotalDac, QX5, Brinkman, Davinci 2 or I'll be very unhappy .

This QX5 is sick good for the price. I know roughly how much I'll get for mine used and it will be a steal based on what else is being sold right now.