View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 08:54 PM

Default PrimaLuna EVO 400 Vs McIntosh MC275

This isn’t truly analogous, but my music room is about 13’ x 16’ with a 12’ ceiling. I have my speakers along the long wall. They are Dynaudio Heritage Specials with 85 db sensitivity. I am running the Dyns with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium integrated amp. Each channel is currently powered by two Golden Lion KT-77/EL34 power tubes which puts put about 32 Watts per channel into 8 ohms. I also run it with KT-120s putting out 43 watts/channel. Both sets sound great. I think the EVO400 is the new version of the Dialogue Premium HP which is essentially double everything I have. I think it is a great amp. Also, this was my first venture into tubes and the PL makes it basically idiot-proof. It does automatic biasing. It tells you when a tube is bad. And the tubes last forever. I bought mine from Ivan with KT-120s and it sounded great. I didn’t need to retube for 8 years. The reason I got the KT-77/EL34s was supply chain issues for KT-150s that I wanted to try (KT-120s are available) so I figured waiting I would try “more tube sounding” tubes. There are a number of AAers running PL. It does a great job pushing my monitors.
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.

Last edited by robfine; 01-15-2022 at 01:17 AM.