View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 11:45 PM
Retired

Either would be quite a change from your MC452.
Have owned one (in stereo) and two (as monoblocks) MC275 and thought the single MC275 was the best tubed gear I've owned by McIntosh after their MC75 monoblocks. Several here listen to the MC275 as monoblocks and several of us think the single MC275 is better and several think the MC75 monoblocks are the best. Having owned any number of tube amps I've always found the ones that use only two output tubes per channel in PP configuration to sound better than those that use four. I feel the same way about solid-state, with my three favorite amps all having only two output devices per channel. Obviously, YMMV.

While I'm not familiar with the Prima Luna, I am guessing that it would fall into the "too many output tubes per channel" for me. Plus, I prefer not to own Chinese audio gear (or anything else from China, especially food, when possible).
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag