View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
One very important issue--we all have different ears. It sounds to me like you've done plenty of thoughtful research and that you have a dealer you like. At this point, I would start listening. Your dealer probably has only a handful of amps in the $10-25K range (total cost of the pre + power for separates), I would listen to them all side by side--you will hear the synergy (or not) quickly.

Also, you mention prog rock/metal as 50% of your listening. As you may have seen in my other posts, the SabrinaX is likely to benefit from subwoofer if you really want to rock.

I would be surprised if you got a price discount unless there was some sort of "special" situation, such as a demo model.
Thank you PeterMusic.
The dealer carries Dan D'agostino, Audio Research and Luxman.

I am intrigued by ASR i/5 - especially since metaphacts mentioned the good match. The dealer has not received one but I have time.

Luxman, from what I read, it seems to match well with insensitive speakers.

re: bass - I am not a huge bass head. I auditioned Sabrina X with Luminol (Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing And Other Stories album). This song starts with kick drum and it sounds very tight. In the middle of the song, there is transition period where there is a bass guitar passage, it sounds great here too. A reviewer used the same song to audition as well. But yes, it is good to have the option to add subwoofer if the need arises.