View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 09:02 AM
Life is beautiful

To test what these drivers are really capable of, I asked for a test track that those who follow my threads are already familiar with.
Pachelbel's Ciacona in D minor from this album:

When it doesn't shake and rattle your place, look for other speakers!
We listened to the whole 5'25".
It did pressurise the room!
Unlike some floorstanders like the Boenicke W11 I heard earlier this year.

The drivers gently roll off under 35 Hz says Bruno.
Well, it can reach depths that go much lower, I can assure you.

I can only imagine what his 8" and 10" drivers will do, and I fully understand there will never be any need for a 12" unit.

This cheap DIY speaker easily beats stand mounts from popular brands as B&W (their 805D3), Sonus Faber (up to their highest line), Focal and the likes.

Jacques and I were greatly astonished.

We're really looking forward to what these Purifi modules will do when (more) properly implemented in a speaker with their own tweeter, which is also in the pipeline.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 12-23-2019 at 06:02 PM.