View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
Dilettante – For some reason you don't seem to be hearing us on this subject. The power inlet on the Marantz gear is IDENTICAL to the grounded power inlets on your Classe gear, with the exception that the grounding pin is missing. The missing grounding pin IN NO WAY prevents any aftermarket grounded power cord, such as your Shunyata Sigmas, from being used. It simply doesn't connect to the ground in the cable. As you can see from my post above, Caelin Gabriel said that this would have no effect on the effectiveness of his cables. Whether the effectiveness of other cable brands would be compromised by the lack of the ground pin can only be answered by them. But as for fitting, ANY regular, grounded, 15-amp aftermarket power cord can be used like normal with the Marantz gear, & the Shunyata PCs will work just as well as they do in your Classe gear.

As to my Classe M-700 amps, they are a VERY old model – I think I already had them when I met my wife, & that's over 26 years ago! I bought them specifically to power the woofer towers of my IRS Beta speakers, which need a LOT of horsepower to sound good. As the name suggests, the M-700s output 700 wpc @ 8 ohms, 1,400 wpc @ 4 ohms, & over 2,000 wpc @ 2 ohms! They definitely get those woofers moving...
Got it now. Eventhough the AC inlet on the Marantz is missing ground pin but we can still fit in an aftemarket three way prong power cable. Thanks for clearing that out for me. Not sure why Marantz Reference series products have only two way prong AC inlet on them. At their price points they should have built a three prong AC inlet with ground pin.

But I already got the Cary CD 306 SACD player several months ago instead of the SA-10. It's too late now. I bought the Cary to replace my completely dead Classe Omega Reference CD/SACD player that I accidentally shorted it and was completely useless now. I'm thinking to move away from silver disc to download/streaming. Considering to get the Linn Klimax DS/DSM with the latest Katalyst DAC architecture. Heard one in all Linn Klimax setup/system and was hugely impressed. We'll see.

As to your old Classe M-700 monoblocks, do they run in class A mode?