View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 01:31 AM

Smile Thanks for the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Bill, I do enjoy "old favourites" in multichannel.
I own albums from The Beatles, Genesis, The Moody Blues, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd amongst (many) others.
Mostly in the DVD-A, Blu-ray and SACD format.
They are good fun.

That being said, I agree with Kal, that the most natural sounding ones are recorded in the last 2 decades, in discrete multichannel.
These include a couple of jazz albums, a lot of classical albums, and a few pop albums (mostly concerts).

Enjoy the journey!
Hi, Bart, it's been a while...Now that I've gone from asking about surround equipment to asking about the music recordings themselves, would you kindly tell me which surround recording format you prefer?

I see that you listed DVD-A, Blu-ray and SACD as examples. When it comes to surround multichannel, is there one you would put your money into over another? Put another way, if all three surround recording formats were available for an album that you want for your collection, which one would you choose? I'd also really appreciate it if you would you give me an explanation as to why.

Thanks for posting and I hope to learn more from you about this confusing subject ~ Bill

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections