View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 07:58 AM

I recently added another set of Wave Kinetics A10 U8s to my system. I’m a big fan. What really surprised me was after upgrading from Herbies and Iso Acoustics, was once I put the last set in my system, it went from additive to multiplicative. Each component was a small increase, once the 6th and final component was resting on them, it was a drastic change. I guess the weakest link was holding it back.

Compared to no footers (stock), Herbies tender feet, and Iso Acoustics Orea. The Wave Kinetics A10 U8 and A10 U8R offered a lot.

Top to bottom more detail. The macro detail captures your attention. The micro detail, the subtle details—between the notes—keeps you in the sweet spot for hours.

Soundstage is enveloping in a natural way. Often it seems like an effect when a 2 channel system sounds like there are speakers behind you. Not with the Wave Kinetics, it’s a musical environment.

Texture on the bass. This is hard to describe. Similar to listening and feeling thunder rolling over a hill. You can feel and hear the bass textures and nuance.

I’ve gotten the rest of my system basically sorted, so upgrading the weakest link (footers) made a massive difference.

It’s hard to sit down and analyze now—get pushed into what I imagine a drug trip feels like.

If you like the ball bearing type, these are a hybrid? They have hundreds of small ball bearings in a soft dome that is in a metal cup.

Under the Innuos ZENith MK3 they offered an improvement, I’m guessing the Aurender will benefit as well.