View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
Apexorca, I am just curious, like a typical newcomer...

Any palpable difference between your former Plinius SA-250 and present Krell Evo-402..?? I listened the Plinius SA-103 paired with some lesser tubed pre, and sound was very very captivating.

BTW, my Krell combo is consisted of Phantom pre (with active crossover onboard) and pair of Evo-400e monos, while Sonus Faber (Guarneri Memento) recently emerged as a very nice (possible) deal, instead of my present B&W 805S...

Thanx.
While there is no such thing as "too much power" in this hobby, aren't 400e truly overpowering the bookshelf speakers, especially if you are bypassing low frequencies with phantom crossover?

I see you are intrigued by the seductively sweet and musical sounds of SA103. I felt the same, but it didn't have that sense of control you get with Krell amps. I even thought about bi-amping with SA103 for mid-high and Krell for lows. But my Strads don't have ability to biamp.

How do you like Phantom>400e? What did you have before as comparison? I am trying to get the same setup to drive SF Strads. So, I am very curious as to your impression. Thanks.