View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Hi Doug,

I can't help with the box, but the suspense is killing me--spill the tea! The JL sub looks terrific, were you able to compare sound to the other finalists? Have you tried the MEN220 yet? Have you thought about how the MEN220 might interact with the JL DARO? One of my theories on why I did not keep the MEN220 is that my sub's DSP already provided a large amount of room correction.

Cheers
Hi Peter. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was NOT able to do a side by side comparison. In fact, I wasn’t even able to hear the RELs. I did listen to the B&W and JL Audio but not at the same time nor on similar systems so I can’t comment on either, other than to say I liked them both. After talking to a couple individuals (Ivan being one of them ….. thanks Ivan) I ordered two f110v2 yesterday.

Now the dropping of the second hammer. The MEN220 and DARO do not play nice together. At least that is what I’m told by my dealer. I’m going to research that myself. The choice is use the CR-1 or men220 but not both. I’m not sure why I can’t use the DARO first than use the men220 calibration. Either way I’m hoping the JL’s will be easier to calibrate because of the line level inputs rather than REL’s speaker level inputs.

Now the third hammer. If I don’t use the CR-1 I will need a switch box or manually switch the cables out when listening between music and movies. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I never thought adding a pair of subs to my system would be soooo difficult. Does everyone face these choices or am I doing something wrong.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500

Last edited by dkorbal; 12-29-2021 at 07:20 PM.