View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 07:18 AM

Default Alexx V soundstage height question

This is my first AA post ---
I planning to join the Wilson speaker owner family. The question is "which model"? My room is 16 ' by 21' with 9.5 ' ceilings.
My local dealer suggests either the Alexx or Alexia or Sasha. I heard the Alexx V and I think it is an amazing speaker. BUT I'm concerned about what I perceive its high projection of the sound stage. Vocals appears 6+ feet from the floor. I'm normal height (5' 11") and sitting in a normal height seat (at my dealer). I'm used to more direct sound hitting my ears from speakers that are ~40 inches in height. I asked my dealer and he said the Alexx is adjustable and they would fine tune the alignment in my room so I wouldn't have this issue. Well I thought about it--- 1) Tweeters are very directional so I don't see how pivoting the tweeter box will change where the perceived signal is coming from. 2) vocals, as I've learned are in the range of 155 hz to 1000 hz (approximately). the Alexx V lower midrange crosses over from the woofer at 150 hz and the upper midrange at 750 hz (per John Atkinson), so my issue with vocals appearing high on the soundstage may be heard from the midrange drivers, not the tweeter. But the midrange drivers also have the same alignment issue I described above as with the tweeter. Granted, midrange drivers are less directional than the tweeter. Can someone (Bill?) shed some light on this and give the definitive answer? This issue leads me to consider buying instead the Alexia or Sasha. I didn't hear this issue with the Sasha, but I did hear it with the Alexia. Thanks in advance for your comments.