View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 01:39 AM

Default Alexx V Received Rave Review in TAS

I had thought someone would have noted it. There are reviews and then there are reviews. The Alexx V received a notable very well written positive review in the May/June 2022 TAS. It is worth reading for anyone considering a speaker in this price range. Certainly a stout competitor for the Magico M6, Aida, or Rockport Lyrica. Also for the Sonja 2.2i that recently received a crossover update and reviewed in this issue. There are many wonderful speakers in this category that lie just below the flagship category. Although many would think it expensive, you get a lot of speaker and it seems like a significant improvement over the original Alexx, which was being pushed by the Alexia 2. At over twice the price the Alexx V has emerged as the clearly superior speaker, which is as it should be.

With the exception of the upper midrange all the drivers are new and are in a platform that can show off all their excellent features. Before Daryl Wilson I felt that Wilson was first and foremost a materials, crossover, and cabinet loudspeaker company, not a driver company. With the advent of Daryl Wilson exceptional drivers and isolation devices (Acoustic Diodes/Pedestals) have been added to the Wilson repertoire.

It would seem that Alexx V sets the stage for the new generation of Wilsons over the next half decade.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 04-21-2022 at 02:26 AM.