Thread: AR Ref. 6SE
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 11:44 PM

I used to have an all Mac system, C1000 and Mc 2102. I mixed and matched an ARC preamp (Ref 5 ) with a Mac Mc2102 and liked it slightly better than the former combination. I found that the combo was airier and more holographic as @mcpaf76 did. I also found it to be slightly more transparent. I was pretty darn happy with the sound of the combo-- but out of curiosity added an ARC amp and was surprised at how much the overall presentation changed. It was not as "warm" as the full Mac or ARC/Mac system, but was not too airy or wispy. In fact, it was much more transparent, bloomy, colorful , holographic and I believe, natural. The warmth of Mac now sounded like a warm blanket or scrim over the music instead of a "musical" warmth. Like mcpaf76, I am now all ARC. Of course that's just my opinion based on my system. You may reach a different conclusion. But I do not think you would be disappointed with the 6E/ Mac combo.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,