View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 08:26 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
What a great time it was at RMAF last year, at the Gaylord! Fantastic venue. This year, I told myself I would only attend one show and had decided on AXPONA. With that now out the window, RMAF is my only option this year. My guess is that legal liability concerns will put the nail in the coffin for this year.

Problem is, like many of us, I fall directly into the vulnerable category for the virus. The really scary thing is falling ill with any sort of respiratory illness 1,500 miles from home, and at some altitude. They will presume it's covid until proved otherwise and quarantine you. And you don't know any of the doctors there, pretty scary.

My hope is that the summer heat and intense sunlight will put the hurt on the virus and it fades away like SARS did in 2003. But, it's not looking likely. There won't be a vaccine by then, but there is news almost daily about new agents showing inhibition of viral replication and the ability to blunt the cytokine storm that is killing so many people.
Hi Marc, good to hear from you...I'm taking a wait and see approach....when you cut through all the media and noise, the fact is we still have 5 months to go and a lot can happen (hopefully positive happenings!). I realize they'll have to make a decision long before October, but remember, the show last year was a little bit in jeopardy due to lack of exhibitors etc relatively close to the dates, so we'll see. I really hope it happens, have a great time with all you guys every year.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3