View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 12:50 PM

A few months ago, I purchased TonTrager stands for my Harbeth 40.2 speakers to replace the Skylan stands that came with the speakers when I purchased them.

Experimenting with Isoacoustics Oreas between the speakers and Skylan stands led me to think the design of the TonTrager stands might sound better.

Truly, the TonTrager stands make the Harbeth speakers sound better in every single category compared to the Skylan stands. I'm positively thrilled with the performance. The Harbeth 40.2 speakers are heavy enough that it would take a serious bump to knock them down. It's still a consideration but worth it after hearing how much of an improvement the stands make. I also purchased the slate bases for the stands which seemed superfluous, but maybe not, given the sound I hear. I haven't tried comparisons with and without the bases because it's just not worth the effort.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables