View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 PM

Herb Reichert in Stereophile review of the P3ESR Anniversary.

"I had a memorable experience of this sort of real presence with the P3ESR 40th Anniversarys sitting 30" out from my front wall on TonTräger Audio's Reference P3s: light wooden stands made in Germany and costing $1485/pair (footnote 3). It was a delight-filled musical-aesthetic moment.
"The bright-olivewood Harbeths looked exceedingly delicate on the black stems of the slender TonTrägers. The Cary SLI-100 integrated amp drove the P3ESRs with nuance and finesse.

With Pepe Romero playing Bajando de la Meseta and other works for solo guitar by Joaqu°n Rodrigo (LP, Philips 9500 915), everything was perfect: the poetic Rodrigo compositions; the size, weight, resonance, and tone of Romero's guitar; his expressive but understated playing; and, especially, the transparent character of this Philips recording. This was as close to a real guitar as I have ever experienced in my little room. The TonTräger stands looked so good, and the music sounded so natural, that I wanted to lug my unpleasantly dense Sound Anchor stands out to the curb."

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...xIf23FXljM5.99