Thread: Gun Storage
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Looking for ideas... to store hand guns and rifles to slow down theft. For protection their will be guns out.

Thanks....

Gun Safe mechanical or electronic lock ?

Hidden Storage ? secret room, false mirror ?

Slow down theft? Are you referring to times when the home is empty? For me I have a large Liberty safe and three biometric handgun safes in different areas of the home, two in house one in the garage.

Another consideration is a good security system, alarm, cameras, and signage in clear view. Thieves are opportunistic by nature and would generally pick the easiest target. In addition fencing restricting access to the rear of your home should in place as well (most homes are probably already this way, mine was not).

For the record my home was broken into several years ago and these were the measures I put into place afterwards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.