View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Default What is the best compact integrated amp without breaking the bank?

I just picked up some Sonus Faber Cremonas for a 3rd system setup which will hopefully “live” in my living room.

WAF is a major factor for the living room. My wife really likes the look of the McIntosh MHA100 (or MHA150) and approves it because it will fit depth wise on narrower bookshelves.

(Full sized McIntosh integrated amps are out as they are too deep for the space).

I heard the MHA150 powering some full sized towers in the McIntosh room, which was a surprise how well they did.

My concern is if the 50WPC would be up to the task in my larger living room (18’ ceilings).

The MA252 looks interesting, but I’d need to buy a DAC as well since I’m all digital.

I’m hoping to buy used, and I really do like the McIntosh sound. If I could stay around $2000 +\- I’d be happy.

Thoughts/recommendations?
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW