View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 01:41 AM

Default Mark Levinson issue.

I ordered a Pair of Tekton Moabs earlier this year, and I decided to upgrade my amp to go along with them at the same time. I found a 532H for $3200, "open box" from "Audio Classics LTD". It was sold as used through eBay and came with only a 60 day wtty. I didn't look like it had ever been out of the box.

I never for a second considered the Levinson amp as a potential reason why I didn't always love my Moabs....
Some music sounds fantastic, but some sounds meh...

Last night I played Floyd Wish You Were Here, and was thoroughly underwhelmed....
Just the night before Norah Jones was sounding great.
But WYWH was lacking energy, bass was poor and I had no sense of being pulled in. I found myself turning it up trying to compensate for the lack of energy.
I decided to pull my Proceed BPA2 amp from my 2nd system and try it with the Moabs. The Moabs took on a completely different feel, bass was more full and they seemed overall more dynamic. They sounded incredible and I was pulled in right away

My quandary now, do I try to send it in for repair, is there even anything wrong with it? It might somehow just not be a good match for the Moabs, I could sell it and move on. If I do send it in it is a hard problem to quantify, I am worried I could be out near $1,000 with shipping for a NPF...

If there is something wrong with it, as great as the Proceed sounds, I would love to hear the Moabs with a properly functioning ML...

I am considering selling it and buying a Parasound A21+ new from a local dealer I used to work for. If it sounds at least as good as the Proceed, I would probably be happy with that.

EDIT: A few have mentioned it sounds like capacitors, but it is relatively new, and what are the odds both channels would have cap issues...

Last edited by brad1138; 02-01-2021 at 07:43 PM.