View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiHippie View Post
I am on a budget for my cables so my range for now would be up to the delta series, I assume the NR V2 series would work for Mcintosh MX170 and C53 my Oppo 205 and the CX V2 for the McIntosh amplifiers. Is there a big difference between the Venom and Delta series? i would also need a 20 amp version for my P20.
In my experience, the short answer to the bolded question is "yes". Upgrading the power feed to my TEAC DAC from the Venom NR v10 to the Delta NR v1 effected a noticeable improvement in transient speed, resolution, and dynamic scaling. Upgrading the feed to my ARC LS16 line stage from a Venom NR v10 to the Delta NR v2 effected even greater perceived improvements in each of those areas and the sense of being "in the performance space". (Which is why I have a Delta NR v2 ordered for my DAC.)

If your budget permits, I consider the Delta series well worth it.

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.