View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 11:30 AM

Default Shunyata Research power cables suggestions for my system

Hi there, I have been a long time follower of this forum, and have learned a lot over the years. I recently had the upgrade bug and did a fairly big change in my dedicated listening room.

My new system consists of the following: McIntosh MX170 theater processor, C53 preamp, MDT500 sacd player, MC462 2 channel amp, MC611 mono amp for center, and MC257 for surrounds and dolby Atmos heights. I also have a Oppo 205, a Panasonic UB9000 for 4k uhd's and a Roon Nucleus plus for Qobuz and Tidal streaming. My main speakers are Legacy Audio Aeris. I also have a PS Audio P20 power plant that I run most of system through.
Over the years I have purchased an assortment of audio cables from various companies like Kimber Kable, Shunyata Research, and Audioquest. I live in a fairly small town that does not have any higher end audio shops. So I use the internet to help guide me through my choices.

So my question to you guys is what are your thoughts on the Shunyata Research power cables. I have a couple of Venon HC v1's. I am on a budget for my cables so my range for now would be up to the delta series, I assume the NR V2 series would work for Mcintosh MX170 and C53 my Oppo 205 and the CX V2 for the McIntosh amplifiers. Is there a big difference between the Venom and Delta series? i would also need a 20 amp version for my P20.

Lastly, I became a Platinum subscriber to help support the forum. Any thoughts on the power cables would be greatly appreciated. Happy Listening