View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:58 PM

I'm not a Shindo owner anymore since my son was born. I feared for the safety of the gear and for him accidentally touching a glowing tube or pulling a speaker down on himself. So I have no bias here.

I wanted to comment that I was not aware of the switchcraft fragility concern either and it was not mentioned to me any time through my dealer. Granted I bought one pair of Shindo IC's right off the bat so maybe it was unnecessary to raise the issue but it would've been nice to know in the event I was a cable "wiggler" or if I wanted to A/B against something else. There has been no mention of this issue online or in print until this thread and the current issue of Stereophile where Art mentioned he's had to replace his female RCA connections multiple times due to the constant plugging/unplugging for reviewing gear due to this issue.

In hindsight, I do think this is something that requires more disclosure.

Anyway I'm not going to debate here but did want to share my experience.