Thread: Aurender W20SE
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:11 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW1800 View Post
I've been listening to the W20SE for a bit now and it sounds glorious! The best way I can put it is when I had a N10 and moved up to the W20 that gain is there again moving from a W20 to a W20SE - its that big of a change. I had both units here for a bit so an A/B could be done reasonably quickly.!
I appreciate these and other comments. I was thinking about upgrading from my Auralic G2 but was unsure of what kind of improvements to expect. I was thinking the dominant character would come from the DAC and not the streamer. So I wasn’t sure if the upgrade would be worth it. I was considering the N10. If I error when I upgrade it is trying to save a few bucks. It always fails. So when I read that there were significant improvements between the N10 and W20 and W20SE, that clearly indicated any intermediate steps would be a waste of time and money. Within a few minutes listening to my new W20SE absolutely confirmed this. No question this was the right decision. Thanks. Really helpful listening to folks that have heard each. I enjoy listening to my system not fiddling, testing, and breaking in gear. On the other hand I am retired and don’t want to be throwing money at stuff, “just in case”.

Anyone tried master clocks? Which and what’it do?
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 11-20-2020 at 08:14 PM.