View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 09:58 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgrenwick View Post
Hello,

I have really been enjoying Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, I really love listening to this album. I must say the 45's sound fantastic but it is kind of a bit of work changing it so often. This is the only jazz album I currently have.

Taking recommendations on what should be next.
I understand Bitches Brew is a must have, but who and what else?

Thanks
There’s so many out there it’s thought to narrow down to some simple recommendations. That being said, several of my favorites include Miles Davis’ In a Silent Way, ‘Round About Midnight, Michael Legrand Jazz, and of course the 45 RPM version of Dave Brubeck’s Time Out.

To get some of the best recommendations, I’d encourage you to find Michael Fremer’s YouTube video of his top 100 analog album recommendations. It’s a great video that walks you through some of his favorite vinyl albums and why he like them. Jazz is the first topic he covers.

https://youtu.be/A6omFwnrMn0

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3