View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM

Citadelle Reserve Gin (2011 Edition) ......ive had this Gin on the backburner for a few years.......since i hooked up the new Music Hall MMF 2.2LE TT and am spinning vinyl Non-stop............i decided to finally open it and celebrate my new C1000T and TT hehe

This Reserve Gin (2011 Edition) is amazing!.....one of the main differences of the regular Citadelle Gin and The Citadelle Reserve Gin is that the Reserve is additionally matured in oak casks for several months for an extra dimension of flavour. According to cellar master Frederick Gilbert.

By aging this Gin in oak casks it makes a BIG diff IMO.....for me it has a steeper/heady flavor and the juniper and oak seems more laid back then in the regular version. The aftertaste is more subtle as well...........i think its amazing that it is actually "Barrel Aged" .....this is very rare for Gin and of course more akin to making Whisky.........

I will give you a warning though......please if your mixing it with a tonic use Q-Tonic instead of the average store bought Tonics(they contain so much sugar) that it will kill the beautiful start/finish of this wonderful Gin.

5/5 Stars for me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gin 018.jpg (91.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg gin 019.jpg (88.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg gin 020.jpg (90.6 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Volks; 03-25-2014 at 08:10 PM.