View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enit View Post
That's nice. You get very full defined deep ends, full mid tones and defined highs where you can actually effortless make out high details, with the McIntosh cables to the Scala. You may get to hear a lot of "different" sounding cables in time, but you will hardly hear anything "better". I have "heard" many cables with the McIntosh and utopia combinations and I have not heard one that's quite like it. The only very different one, that's great for mid and highs is tchernov. You need the reference to compete with the McIntosh.

So here's what I did, I paired McIntosh cables on the bass of the Stella/grande, and tchernov reference on the mid and highs, with excellent results.

Avoiding brand thrashing here, but neither the Network boxed cables nor the flattest silver cables had the wholesome energy, richness, detail of the pairing.

When a guy has the dough to pay for the grande with mc2kw pairing, cost of cables are like a few strands of hairs on his head (unless you are homer simpson), and he was totally unbiased with the work of changing cables done. In fact, he didn't know what cables were used until he told me his preferences.

My dear friend was very glad with the results. And I got a pat on the back. ")

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Nice post.

I have been doing some research on the Tchernov cables. They use a Russian mined copper but do not indicate the oxygen content, the significance of which I am not sure.
The insulators range from Teflon, PVC to cotton!
Can you tell me what other cables you have compared the Tchernov to and the differences?
What is the price point of the reference line?

Thanks in advance.

Mike S.