View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM

The conclusion of the review says it all :

"As I mentioned earlier, I approached this review with skepticism and doubt, I suppose because—down deep—I feared Rega might build merely “good” components for a market segment where sonic greatness is required. But now that I’ve lived with the Isis and Osiris for months and experienced their capabilities firsthand, I see them in a completely different light. Where once I wondered whether the Rega pieces could keep up with established, pedigreed leaders in their class, I now find myself asking whether competitors can in fact keep up with the Isis and Osiris. They really are that good.

For my part, I’ve purchased the review samples, partly because they’re a delight to listen to, but also because they are powerful reviewing tools that shed plenty of light on ancillary components with which they are used. But frankly, you should not be unduly influenced by my purchase decision, since we all must make our own choices in this game. Instead, my only hope is that this review will inspire you to go out and give the Isis and Osiris a careful and open-minded listen, and then to draw your own conclusions. Whether you decide to embrace the Isis and Osiris or not, I’m confident you’ll find their performance eye-opening, to say the very least."