Thread: Three questions
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Racing Hoopties

Dan,

Your input suggests a different view of where our world/country is than where my head is. Interestingly enough, my brother and sister in law are exactly where you are and have done all that you suggest as part of a simple extension of their respective military training.

I intend to get my wife and I into handguns as a sport as I look to retirement but feel starting her with a .22 is a good first step given she grew in a family totally devoid of shooting as a topic - little own a sport. Although I did grow up with hunting and guns as a normal thing, that did not include pistols. So I am starting her with what I know.

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Craig.......I would introduce your wife to personal defense handguns long before I would steer her to rifles of any type. Buy her a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm, take her to an indoor range and spend time instructing her. Encourage her to acquire a concealed carry permit and ensure that she is proficient enough with the weapon to defend herself should the need ever arise. Then, introduce her to an AR15, a serious weapon that is easy to shoot with minimum recoil that she can fire without ever getting sore. The AR15 with a scope makes an excellent hunting rifle and can put meat on the table should that need ever arise, not to mention it is a tremendous self defense weapon should we ever have to take up arms to defend our homes or neighborhoods. Help your woman develop skills with the right weapons so she can actually protect herself. Only then would I think about skeet shooting. Recreation is secondary to self defense and personal security in my humble opinion.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack