View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeau View Post
Hi,
WA Acoustical Diodes:

Has anyone compared the WA ADs to Critical Mass LS speaker footers, which have
received high accolades on the WBForum? I have Wilson X1s and believe footers could be a significant improvement, but would like to know what the opinions/experience of others are before taking the dive.
I haven't and it is doubtful anyone will. Both are very expensive very well made products. If I had previously installed the CM footers I would not consider changing to AD's. If I owned Wilson's I would use AD's because they are primarily designed for Wilson's. If I owned another brand speaker it's pay your money and take your choice.

As I understand it with the AD the diode is not supporting. You have a spike length, all thread length, and nut, in addition to the diode. In this arrangement the contact with the floor is minimized and vibrational energy is dissipated through the diode.

With the CMS footers the floor contact is much greater, there is no mechanical coupling by means of a thread into the bottom of the speaker, and no diode. It is an all together different method of vibration control more similar to Stillpoints.

I would expect both methods to be quite effective.

Best

Charles

p.s. If you claim to have made such a comparison please send along pics of your system demonstrating the comparison. We have been through this with Stillpoints in another thread.

Last edited by Charles; 10-24-2021 at 11:22 AM.