View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by enit View Post
Thanks to the online shopping community. Mom and Pop stores suffered a fair bit based on some research done.

Imagine, you pop into a shop, audition a pair of Chorus, you go back, flip open the laptop, find an Chorus at a good deal online at Amazon, and off you go purchasing them, the people that served ya don't get anything in the end, and I have to say, it's real tough times for many in this business...

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
A new model has to emerge. If you want to hear it, you better pay the guy who played it for you or he may not be around the next time you need to hear before you buy.

You cant have it both ways. If you want service you need to pay for it. If you don't, you really have no right to complain when it is gone.

I ran into a guy at a dealer event who used to work in the industry. He had just ordered an ARC/Wilson/SME system and another guy was asking him what kind of deal he got - especially since he used to be in the industry. The first guy turned to him and said "I paid retail." The second guy was flabbergasted. How could that be?

Simple said the first customer "I pay retail because I can."

His point was that he didnt need to worry about any aspect of this or any other transaction with this dealer.