Thread: Wireless IEM's
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 07:51 PM

There are a few options for wireless IEMs.

The smaller and more portable ones have a built in battery and once the battery stops holding charge, you are left holding a (light) paperweight.

My original AirPod has joined the paperweight gang.

I still like the form factor and portability so I have gotten the AirPod Pro and the Master and Dynamic MW07 plus. The MW07plus has a beryllium driver and it’s really really good for a wireless IEM. I prefer the sound signature on those IEMs. It’s not the best at noise cancellation or for voice calls but I never use the M&D for those reasons.

The other option would be to get a BT adaptor for your current IEMs. This way the IEMs can continue to be used even when the battery runs out. Most IEMs have a pretty common connector - MMCX or 2 pin (SL)

I have a Shure 846 with the BT2 kit which strictly speaking isn’t wireless but it does convert my Shure into a BT compatible kit.

Shure and Filo also make a more “wireless” Bluetooth adaptor now

Something like this

https://www.fiio.com/utws1

The Filo actually has two variants. One for MMCX and one for 2 pin.

Make sure the BT specs match your phone or playback source.

The highest quality supported by Apple devices is AAC.

The highest supported by most Android devices is AptX HD and Sony uses their own LDAC along with the AptX.