View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 12:19 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_brio View Post
Puma Cat thank you for the explanation =)

Does your produkt support tidal connect?

And is it possible to “stream” all audio output from my pc to microRendu exactly like the usb output on the pc? What I mean is today I use the usb output from my pc to my dac but I want a device like the microRendu to play the audio from my pc to the dac. (from tidal, youtube, games and so on)

Or do i need Roon to play tidal?
As far as I understand it, you don't need Roon to stream Tidal. And yes, could "stream" all audio output from your pc to your DAC. If you don't use Roon, you'll need to use a streaming app.

The microRendu supports streaming content via the following protocols:
Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3c - Songcast Output - This output accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application is in Beta form.

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.

Here is an article by Jesus of Sonore for using Tidal without Roon:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...er-tidalqobuz/

You would connect your microRendu to your network at one end, and to your DAC via USB at its other end.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 04-27-2021 at 12:31 PM.