View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
My audio epiphany was the full MBL set-up with the xTremes and the source being the 1611F. I still haven't heard a better set-up but that doesn't mean the latest digital units couldn't improve the sound. If I had a all MBL set-up I would probably go with the 1611F even if there might be better alternatives out there.
Dear jim,

thanks for your kind views. yes you pointed out my main logic that all MBL should be preferable, agreed.

there are few things which bothers me on this ALL MBL scenario. one i don't like MBL speaker presentation comparing with direct firing speaker (i love big speaker, wilson Maxx3 with all Gryphon setup blew my mind, here one big brother has it, my dream speaker is wilson ALEXX)

secondly MBL love and recommends Wireworld cables which i can't tolerate. thirdly their DAC is not something new, its a quite old design, its not magical like pre, power amp. i am using Bricasti M1 for long time now send it to factory for se version upgrade with media player option. i find it hard to compare with my newly acquired Sim 650D(with SIM 820S).

i heard MBL 1611f but i really didn't enjoyed it, much. yup on all mbl system on two different time on MBL reference line... i don't know why. BUT both place MBL omini speakers were used. may be the speaker is the reason, i don't know.

my question is why MBL1611f didn't blown me away like Kalliope? or other equipments of MBL when i first listened to. why very few people owning MBL1611F, in contrast i saw MBL1621A transport is very famous, you can find many high end rig has MBL 1621A.